Monday Mantra ~ Your Journey

Posted on Monday, 28 July 2014

Not too long ago I was hanging out with some friends and we were sharing embarrassing stories and the topic of journals came up. I remember that I still had mine from when I was in high school. I immediately went looking for it, found it and opened it up. The first page I found was a list I wrote when I was 16, I had forgotten that I wrote this. The list was things I wanted to accomplish in my life and on it was - to become an actress. This surprised me because I didn't remember feeling this way and always believed I came to this revelation years later. When I was 16 I was incredibly shy, awkward and a huge science geek and I believed I could only work in the medical field, that acting was meant for other people, that I was somehow not worthy of such a thing.

I still pursued that medical career, even working in the ER for nearly three years, but no matter what I did I could not shake this desire in me. And now I am pursuing that dream I had when I was 16 and it took many years to move past all the resistance. When I let go of the need for anyone to believe in me and for anyone to understand my journey, it all fell into place. There is a freedom in owning what you want to do and who you want to be, it's your own journey, your own life. And sometimes we may not know what that journey is, and that is ok! Just remember it's your journey.

Post a Comment