lessons from summer

Posted on Wednesday, 20 August 2014

I don't know how it is for other people but my life seems to be all or nothing. Either everything is happening at once, every project, every opportunity and every idea or I am at a stand still. This summer has been a quiet one for me and gave me the opportunity to really think about what I want, to reevaluate my life and to really dive into my spiritual practice. Maybe I just needed a breather, a moment to be still and get back to the root of who I am. So what did I learn in all this. Well I learned that my soul craves constant change and being a part of multiple projects and even though I want them to be perfect I have to just dive in and see what happens. Sometimes if we wait for the perfect moment we might be waiting forever!

1) go for it!


The second thing I learned was that I really need to take care of myself before I can take care of others. Your soul can long for something and it could be a large goal and take alot of courage and determination and it might not happen when you want it to. I have had to learn patience and a key lesson that you are where you are and that is perfect. Coming to terms with that reality I have had to take on another job to pay the bills. I am grateful for the job I did get because they have all been so kind to me and I also have an ease about life because I can now properly take care of myself, which means healthy full meals! nights out with friends and long overdue vacations.

2) take care of yourself

Another major thing I learned this summer is to really practice the idea of being still. I started a meditation practice and I can honestly say that on the days I meditate I feel so much better, lighter and happier. My days can get pretty busy with planning my upcoming Nashville trip, working on projects related to The People's Climate march, working on my feature script, catching up with friends, working my many jobs, auditions etc etc and there never seems to be enough time to meditate. But now I make time, I wake up earlier and make the time because I know it makes all my other activities in the day that much better. So as I embark on an extremely busy but exciting September I always remember to find time to be still.

3) be still

Post a Comment