simple balance

Posted on Monday, 9 March 2015


The first glimmer of spring is upon us, the light at the end of the tunnel. A couple days ago we had a full worm moon that signified the time of endings and new beginnings. Spring is full of new insights and new beginnings and for me it's all about simple balance. Simplicity in my wardrobe, in my home and in my pursuits. I am pulling back the layers and getting back to basics. My mind is usually a crazy fury of ideas and dreams and wants and anxieties and fears and comparisons...but today I woke up with the sun, sipped my coffee and chose my thoughts wisely. 

Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment - Rumi, This is my mantra for spring, to shed my cleverness, to try and be open to everything and attached to nothing. 

There's no doubt about it I love clothes, I love fashion and I love having the creative outlet of styling. Here I am wearing a generous gift from Jordan de Ruiter (perks of working with creative friends) a faux fur coat. This coat needs no adornment, so I paired it with a simple grey t-shirt and my favourite white tie-dye levi's jeans. I am also wearing these beautiful hand-made beads also gifted from a friend from the amazing Beads of Hope in Ghana. 


Post a Comment