Island Daze

Posted on Monday, 15 February 2016


All these cold temps have me craving another island getaway. In the meantime here is the fun shoot I styled for Jordan de Ruiter's spring/summer collection. The collection was inspired by "mermaids, sea shells, days at the beach and adventures with your best friend." For me this shoot brings those Jamaican vibes, vibrant colours, a little Bob Marley and red stripe of course. It's not an easy feat to find an island inspired location in Canada, we've got that cozy rustic Canadiana thing going on, log cabins are our jam. Jordan and I ventured to our version of an island, Toronto island. On a super hot and sweaty day in September we packed up our bikes and cruised through the quaint and charming cottages.  We both stopped in front of this pastel beaut, with it's eclectic lawn furniture and chimes echoing in the distance, inviting us to its charismatic dwellings. A man stepped out of the house wearing a tie-dye Marley t-shirt and walked by us and said "weird house eh." My head was screaming perfect shoot house! We bribed him with some beer and alas shot the collection in this unique and cool local. In truth I've never been to Jamaica but I think its colours and island vibes are calling me.

Designer: Jordan de Ruiter
Photography: Scarlet O'Neill
Makeup/Hair: Jennie Belliveau
Styling: Ana Alic
Models: Genevieve Hutchinson and Ana Alic







Post a Comment