Friendsgiving for Society6

Posted on Monday, 14 November 2016


I was lucky enough to escape the city for a weekend and travel to my dear friend Katie’s lakefront cabin on Lake Huron (on the Canadian side eh). It was the perfect November weekend, sunny and warm, all the fall colours and a stunning pastel pink sunset that would leave anyone in awe. Since the weather gods were in our favour I decided to host our friendsgiving dinner party on the beach!

There really is nothing like sitting down in nature with your best friends and sharing a meal together. I used the beach location as my inspiration to design the tablescape. I painted an old barn door white to use as our table, fun fact: I found the barn door behind my house, proving that you can use recycled materials to create lovely things. To create that comfy and beachy vibe I used a selection of throw pillows, blankets and tapestries from Society6. Keeping my table neutral in colour with pops of pinks and purples, I was able to use vibrant colours in the rest of the decor. Keeping with my beach theme I used flowers in shades of white, creme and pale pink. I used recycled jars from my favourite organic soups and used them as vases and then scattered the rest of the flowers around the table. The final touches included cute mismatched mugs, greeting cards and markers for our “what are you thankful for…” messages, candles, a charcuterie board, some sparkling wine, and the best vegan cupcakes you’ll ever have.

The evening ended with the most magical sunset, wrapped in blankets and laughing about our furry friend Boone going for the blueberry pie! We toasted to a beautiful day, how lucky and grateful we were to find our tribe, how lucky we felt to be in that moment. The rest of the weekend was spent in the retro cabin, built by Katie’s grandfather in the 70s. A perfect refuge to recharge and reignite our passions, nature has a way of doing that. Ending the night in a bonfire on the beach, one for my personal bucket list, with the endless stars illuminating the sky.  The crescent moon descending in the distance, further and further it crept towards the waters skyline until it vanished from sight. What a marvel we were able to experience, what a reminder that the world gives us exactly what we need and love, friendship and beauty are always in the horizon.

Special thanks to my beautiful friends: Katie, Kirstie, Alli, Randi, Gina and Boone dog!
Be sure to check out some tips on throwing the perfect (and low budget) friendsgiving on the Society6 blog.








Post a Comment